2.01.2007

I too have thought about the name issue, and have yet to reach a decision. It's like I'm a prisoner in my own mind. In an attempt to soothe myself and David, let's take a tally:
Should team names...
Remain the same each year?
Change from year to year to keep things fresh?
All be changed to "The B-Sharps"?
pollcode.com free polls

Addendum- In all good conscience, I have to admit that coming up with a new team name each year is a real highlight of FLB for me. As I look back over past Yahoo FLB seasons and read the old names we chose, I laugh inside. It's a historical record of our various interests over the years. The way we've gone from Dune to Porkins to Anna's ludicrous commentary to Bill James et. al. reflects our hilarious journey.

Side note: can you review old team names in ESPN?

I like the creative aspects of FLB- the draft, team names and colors, day-to-day adjustments, etc. I see the realism in keeping the same name from year to year, but if we end up electing that method, I will miss the good times I've struggled to choose between a delicious baseball-themed pun or a witticism perfectly capturing the zeitgeist of that particular season. Think about it.

3 comments:

Rich said...

This issue is a "non-starter".

It's amazing how often I can check this page while in class.

Dave said...

You can check ESPN team names, at least back through 2003, at the uber results page. For me it reads:

'03 - Proven Veterans
'04 - Bocatt Crusted Pieholes
'05 - Raging Roid Munchers
'06 - East Coast Liberal Elites

Strobl said...

Oh yeah, good. I had almost forgotten about the Gold-Plated Diapers. That was classic.