2.02.2007

Sweet, Sweet Loot & Giving Saves the Boot

I finally received my prize for winning the ESPN league, which took the form of a sweet T-shirt. I eschewed the pennant, which was the only other option I had given the fact that only won one league. Despite the lure of the long-sleeve tee, the sweatshirt, the fleece, or whatever other damn thing espn.com tries to bribe me with, I don't plan on playing in multiple leagues any time soon. Their rationale is pretty cagey: Spend hundreds of dollars on FLB teams, beat the long odds and win multiple times in one season, and we'll give you apparell valued at $50 or less! I can see why that would work. Maybe they prey on the same subset of dullards that are taken in by American Idol.

In unrelated news, is anyone outside of the three of us actually reading this blog? We need to make sure that people take the stat category changes into account when drafting. I'm eagerly awaiting the moment when someone becomes baffled as to why no one else is getting in on their "CLOSER RUN!".

No comments: