3.30.2008

2008 Standings Prediction

Using the most recent Baseball Prospectus PECOTA projections, I took a look at who profiles as the "winner" of the auction. This assumes: (1) everyone is stuck with their Opening Day roster from the auction; and (2) BP's projections are deadly accurate. Since our lives are not our own, you can consider this to be your undeniable destiny.

These are just the summary results due to the lack of horizontal space on this Blog. A full list of standings by category will be posted in a workbook in the Google spreadsheet.

Team Total

TINSTAAP 74
PECOTA Monkeys 68
Makyuu no Shoutai 67
Replacement Levelers 64
Boston Doodles 62
Maniacal Mets 51
Smooth Segues 47
LeetSauceII 44
Donkeys 41
Norcal Peaceniks 32

2 comments:

Dave said...

I am shocked, shocked I tell you, to discover that the four players who rely most heavily on BP to guide their drafts should be predicted by BP to finish in the top 4 spots!

Rich said...

I just looked at the statistical projections on the worksheet and they are really bizarre for my team. Specifically, I am predicted to get a 9 in K:BB but a 1 in Ks )and a 2 in W. I guarantee to you that won't happen. K:BB is the king of all ratios! The only team that is expected to do better in K:BB is, not surprisingly Ryan, who overbid on me for every pitcher I wanted.