10.11.2007

A respite

There have been a number of emails and blog posts in the past week or so detailing "various" proposed changes to the league. I write "various" because I have no idea what those changes entail. I have no desire, days after the league ended and while the real playoffs are still going on, to sit down and read through this or that amendment to a constitution and start planning for next spring. Yes, it's probably taking me more time to write this blog post then it would to read whatever else is being proposed, but that's not the point.

Apparently I do have to read these things right now, though, because these changes all go into effect automatically after "a few weeks". I think we should require that a majority of the league agree to an amendment before it can be ratified. If the league is in favor of the change then it will get a majority vote, and if people can't be bothered to voice their opinion one way or another (especially in October) then I don't think it makes sense let the vocal people come up with whatever arbitrary changes they'd like.

I'd like to see a meta-vote on whether we require majority votes for changes, and I'd like to have that meta-vote at some point in the winter, not right now.

But that's just my opinion.

3 comments:

Rich said...

No meta-votes. I must have ultimate power.

Dave said...

You have fire in the belly. That's good. But it will take more than belly fire to become the next Baryshnikov! I suppose we can wait to resolve these issues, though I had thought it would be more likely people would pay attention now as opposed to later, but evidently not.

Anonymous said...

Is baseball still being played? I thought the season ended after both New York teams decided to stop taking the field for the 2007 season.

I suspect these things may be better decided before the next season, rather than now since attention has been drifting away for weeks.