3.01.2007

Auction Tracking

To keep the auction orderly, I will be setting up a simple Google spreadsheet that lists all 10 teams with their roster as it is constructed, with the dollars spent. This will permit everyone to track how much money is held by competing teams, what positions they have filled and which players were selected.

Google spreadsheets is a pretty simple tool that will allow everyone in the draft to login to the spreadsheet and see it update real-time. I tested it and I am pretty amazed how quickly it works and how easy it is to use. In order to participate, please send your email address to me at jp@justinpollack.com prior to the auction (preferably days before). I will then invite you to see the spreadsheet, which you can just keep running in the background during the draft.

2 comments:

Strobl said...

That's pretty sweet. Someone must have to enter the picks and data as we go along- are you saying you'll be doing that and the rest of us can follow along? That would work well, but I do think everyone should try to take a somewhat active role in keeping track of the auction...

JP said...

This is what I would be doing anyway for my own reference, so its not a problem (at least I can say that before I get overwhelmed in the draft). I agree that it would be helpful for EVERYONE to spot errors in this tracking list or do it themselves on the side. This will avoid disputes or errors.