2.13.2007

Participation Rates are Low

I think in order to get anywhere with our ideas, we need more input from the rest of the league. I suspect that we three are still the only ones reading and blogging. We could probably get Justin involved easily enough, but will others starting reading this as we get closer to the season?

Anyhoo, my preference would be to eventually do our ESPN league (prestige), our keeper league (money), and an auction league (progress). However, if you keep playing Babe Ruth, that would mean 4 for you, in which case I'd be willing to combine the keeper and auction leagues in one of several ways- either revoke the keeper theme and go straight redraft auction, or keep the keeper theme and assign values to keepers, or reduce the number of keepers and go from there. For this season, I still suggest we play sans auction and see how the implemented changes pan out.

In other news, I understand why Dave wants to quit even before we've begun. Losing the opportunity to draft Kris Benson has got to be eating you up inside.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Yeah, I've decided to refrain from posting anything further here (except this I guess) until somebody other than the 3 of us demonstrates that he's paying attention. Otherwise, it's like the sound of one hand clapping, or a tree falling in the woods and nobody being there to hear it (notable Family Guy episode putting the lie to the latter example notwithstanding). I will say, however, that I think we've probably made enough changes to the Keeper league for this year (unless it turns out that net stolen bases is an option in Yahoo like it evidently is in ESPN this year, I think that might be one more change I'd push for in place of pure stolen bases as a category). I remain open to making the redraft league an auction one, at least for this year, however. I don't think I can take on an entirely new league, however (i.e. an auction league in addition to the keeper and traditional redraft league).

As for Kris Benson . . . we all thought he was this year's Jeff Weaver, but it turns out that he's this year's Darren Dreifort.

Rich said...

Matt, I am not sure you are aware of this but I won the Babe Ruth League this year and made a lot of money $$$. I am going to keep making money by playing that league b/c they are a bunch of chumps, including Dave and Vadim. However, I don't view that league as a serious commitment b/c it has only weekly roster changes. As I said before, I would be willing to play an unlimited amount of leagues.

However, I would prefer to change the keeper league into the auction league and leave the ESPN redraft league like a traditional league. If the auction format works in the keeper league, I would be interested in changing all my leagues to that format. Having just read about it and not experienced it, I think that is the better draft method. But, I would like to try it first, of course.

Since no one is reading this blog, I will start contacting people the old fashioned way. I would recommend you reach out to your people as well. Then we can get moving.